We do need the support of others to achieve our fund-raising goals and any support of any kind is very much appreciated. Here's a summary of how individuals might be able to help.
Individuals can help as follows:
- Promote the ride You can download and print cards and posters here. Put the posters up in prominent places and give the cards to people you meet.
- Tell all your friends and family to look at blog.gpscycle.com. The more visitors we get the better our chances of getting Corporate sponsorship.
- Comment on the blog entries - give us advice, pledge support, encourage us! Note: you will be asked for an email address when you comment but this is not published.
- Buy all your books and CDs and other Amazon stuff here! If you go to Amazon through the search box on the right and actually buy something ruralnet|uk gets a donation of between 4 and 5% of what you spend!
- Join the cycling team for the whole ride or selected stages - we'd like you to raise a minimum of £25 for ruralnet|uk (or donate this amount yourself). In return we will give you all the support and advice you need to participate and you will have fun! You can raise additional money for ruralnet|uk or your own charity if you wish.
- Link to this blog from your website or blog.
- Put the fundraising widget on your own blog or website. You can get the code from here
- Donate what you can to the good cause - click here.
- Print out the poster and pin it up in your workplace, village shop or anywhere else where people will see it. Coming soon!
Businesses can help as follows (and we can help you):
- Become a corporate sponsor and promote your products and services to cyclists, gps users, end to enders, digital map users and more. Please leave a comment or email me at s[dot]berry[at]gpscycle[dot]com.